LEADr Certificate in Commerciality
The need to improve business acumen is global, for corporates, educational institutions and consumers. The development of business and entrepreneurial skills is a cultural, social and political phenomenon, which is the reason why this course has been developed to propel anyone who is a budding business person. This course can be configured to be an ideal way to fast track the business and commercial capabilities of people who have minimal business experience as well as being an advanced tool for aspiring or actual entrepreneurs. This course is also ideal for anyone looking to underpin their skills and experience enabling them to work their way up in a commercial environment.
For the LEADr Certificate in Commerciality, you will have access to the main tools required to be successful in the business world within a learning programme that will teach you the fundamentals of business and entrepreneurship.
The unique methodology of the programme picks out the essentials of competitive and commercial strategy, links them with financial, organisational and people assessments and applies them to “go/no go decisions”, with the participant’s own money (don’t worry, it’s virtual!).
Learn, practice and apply our simple and powerful business analysis methodology.
This course is the only training programme delivered online that gives learners both the skills and experience using a unique concept of simulation based learning, giving real life examples using role play to build practical skills through an Experiential Learning Environment. The material is underpinned by a research programme at the University of Hertfordshire as well as teaching at University of Cambridge and is based on core competency models within top global corporates.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The course utilises the 54:70 Success Matrix™ which is an invaluable concept for individuals to find the perfect balance between skills and experience. It allows students to make success a consistent, tangible result of business. The course delivers both skills and experience using the application of Experiential Learning and Experiential Profiling, engaging the students in practising and developing the key skills and knowledge of business.
- To introduce students to the 54:70 Success Matrix™ and the 9 Key Personal skills required for success.
- To understand the importance of business acumen and how to quantify and develop it to be successful.To understand what makes a business and a business person successful.
- To learn a powerful methodology to understand how to analyse a business and make good decisions.
- To understand the link between commerciality and successful corporate leaders & decision makers.
- To reflect on key strengths as well as areas for improvement and plan for further development.
- To develop proficiency in applying the methodology in the workplace to assess any businesses (external or internal) and identify opportunities.
Throughout the course you will work on developing fundamental skills and experience in line with the 54:70 Success Matrix™:
The 54 - The 9 Skills for Personal Success:
- Problem solving
- Team player
- Business Astuteness
- Decision Judgement
- Technology appreciation
The 70 - the 10 Factors for Business Success:
- Market Size
- Market Growth
- Market Profitability
- E.g. Design
- E.g. Price
- E.g. Sales
- E.g. Marketing
- Company Financials
- Entrepreneurs Characteristics
- Deal Dynamics